Saturday, February 27, 2016

The writing itch



Its been a really long wait for my writing itch to get satisfied. When you have an itch and you ignore it, it goes off naturally in some time, but if you start scratching it, it increases and it is difficult to satisfy it...(looks like I've been a regular scratcher..:-)). I have been having a stomach ache, itch and nausea...all perfect symptoms (not for a family ways again) to transfer my wandering thoughts to a post.

The writing itch is a burning desire to transfer your peeping  mixed up thoughts out of your head and capture them the moment they appear, else they get diluted leaving a heaviness in the mind. I have been ignoring my desire more often than once since little A came to our lives. Although he has brought more reasons to smile and joy for us, this one compromise has been made. When I sit to type he comes from no where and starts imitating me and I have to rush the laptop to hibernation. My laptop time is only 10-12 (typical time for tea when I went to office :-() is a less productive time for me...but motherhood makes your system super efficient since you can't choose your efficiency and energy level. You just HAVE to deliver the work to a near perfection(wonder how companies would work if moms were to work for their kids...maybe. Zillion times better?)

I am currently in my mother's house which is a heaven when it comes to my priorities. I can hide in the computer room and he is playing there happily with my parents and I remain forgotten for a while (a short while at least). Since I told that, now he bangs the door calling and pleading.."Ämma, Amma..."It sounds so pitiable that I cannot ignore it. I take back my stupid words and postpone the desire to scratch this itch for later....

No comments: